Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thanksgiving in Branson

So we've decided to visit Branson for Thanksgiving this year!! YAY!


Every year at Thanksgiving, my moms family gets together to have a big feast. This year, I'm going to break their hearts by skipping town. I just want ONE more mini-vacation before the year ends! After all of this school and work.. I deserve a little down time, right??

I've never been to Branson! We're staying at a resort with our own little kitchen and a fireplace and very large bathtub. I know you're like, 'What does that have to do with anything??' WELL..my goal is to take hot relaxing baths every night and sit in front of the fireplace as much as humanely possible (since we dont have one at home).

As much as I'd enjoy eating out on Thanksgiving and having someone else cook for me... it's THANKSGIVING! I want my homemade corn casserole, and cheesy potatoes and cornbread dressing... and DEVILED EGGS! I can't LIVE without my deviled eggs! Life without deviled eggs, just isn't worth living. So we might just make our own mini-Thanksgiving dinner in our condo. I'm thinking about just buying a couple turkey breasts instead of doing the whole turkey. Maybe also make a mini- pumpkin and sweet potato pie. YUM. *Note to self: Look for mini pie pans online.*

That makes for a really simple, perfect, personal Thanksgiving meal with my brand new hubby. *sighs*  ...sounds like perfection!



SO: What to do in Branson? I hear that there is a train that I'm suppose to ride, and we may wander into Silver Dollar City for their Old Time Christmas Festival and scope out all the lights. I am a Christmas light addict. I LOVE seeing Christmas lights.

Overall, I think it's going to be a fantastic mini-vacay away from home. I'm SO VERY EXCITED!

Thanksgiving is such a fun time of year because the weather is starting to get really cool, winter is on the way and all the wonderful food is making it's yearly debut. Thanksgiving is one my absolute favorite holidays. When I was little, my Auntie had a song that she'd sing to me around this time of year. I think of it EVERY year right before the holidays. It must be an oldie, because I've never heard anyone else sing it:

Thanksgiving day is comin',
..and Mr. Turkey said,
"Very careful I must be or I shall lose my head."
The pumpkin heard the turkey,
"I'm frightened too, oh my!...
they'll mix me up with sugar and spice and I'll be pumpkin pie!"

Haha. That's my stroll through memory lane for the day... thanks for coming along.  So, have you ever been to Branson? Got any tips for sights we should see while we're there??

ALSO: Let me know if you've made plans for Thanksgiving this year! What are your favorite Thanksgiving meals? I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Cristi Atchley said...

Girl, you are going to have the time of your life in Branson! I've been making trips there my whole life! Silver Dollar City is a MUST! And any of the shows you see will be Christmas themed and AWESOME! I'll send you an email with more info!

I foresee this being the first of MANY trips there for y'all! Hopefully we could all go together one of these days!

And yes, I'm already planning our Thanksgiving... my mouth is watering just thinking about all the FOOD! Especially squash/zucchini casserole and my cranberry/apple dish! And oh... my china with turkeys on it! Everything tastes better when eaten off of those plates!

Unknown said...

Aww I love that! I LOVE the holidays. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. <3 P.S. We'd LOVE to go to Branson with you guys one day!

Post a Comment