Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer With the Kiddos

Well, the kiddos are headed back to Colorado on Tuesday. Their flight is at 7am - and we live 2 hours from the airport... meaning my hubby has to get up at (THE CRACK OF DAWN) 2:30 in the morning to take them. OUCH! That's just painful to think about. I don't function at all, that early in the morning.

It's always sad to see them go home, but I'd by lying if I didn't say that it's always nice to settle back into our normal routine.

This summer, we did all sorts of fun things! In fact, I think I can safely say that we had a very FULL summer.

The first weekend that the kids were here (July 4th weekend), we went out on the lake tubing and cruising with our great friends Jeff & Cristi Atchley. We love you guys - and let me just thank you again for offering to take us out and bringing so many tasty snacks and cool drinks. ♥ ♥ ♥  It was a fabulous way to start the summer!

Here is a video of Tori holding on for dear life while Jeff rips her all over the lake. I should probably mention that she asked for it... no literally - she made it very clear that she wanted to be thrown off. He was just giving her what she wanted. LOL!



I should also mention that my chunky boo-tay crawled into the tube too. I'd never been on one before. Jeff was going half of the speed in the video and I was screaming like my life was in danger. Note to self: tubing = not my thing. On the other hand, I'm glad I tried it - because now I know. HA!

Later that weekend, we took the kids to the drive in movie theater. They'd never been to one! We have a really nice one about 20 minutes away- it's a nice treat and a step back in time - which I'm a sucker for.

We also took the kids to the Great Texas Balloon Glow! I had only been once before - when I was very young. They have balloon races throughout the weekend - but at night - they land them all and fire them up for the thousands in the crowd. WAY. TOO. COOL.


They had Noah's Ark, The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe, Spider-pig (whose boo-tay is to the left in the picture above), and numerous other specialty hot air balloons. Really cool thing to see, and absolutely no way to fit them all into one picture.

Needless to say, we also spent a majority of our weekends - enjoying the pool. Ya'll, we enjoyed it early in the morning, at high noon, we grilled out with family, we swam in the rain...and for the last week - we've been swimming in the evening after work. Last night - we even headed out there at MIDNIGHT - to float in the pool and watch the stars for the meteor shower that was suppose to occur.



We also ate lots of good food this summer - pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, cupcakes, cookie cake, ice cream cake, wedding cake, puppy chow, bruschetta, homemade salsa, fresh squeezed juice..... we pigged out this summer... and ya'll - it was so tasty!


A few weeks back, we let the kids build a fort in our living room and had a movie night under the fort. And yesterday, we stayed in our pjs all day long - and had a Lord of the Rings movie marathon! SO. MUCH. FUN.


I also showed Chandler everything there was to know about gardening - and he enjoyed cutting the okras off the plant. (SINCE THAT'S THE ONLY PLANT THAT HAS FRUITED.)


Yep - all in all - it was a fantastic summer - filled with fun, food and movies. I can honestly say that (THIS BEING THE FIRST ACTUAL HOUSE THAT I'VE EVER OWNED) - this has been the best summer I've had in -as long as I can remember...

There really is.. no place like home. ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment